For appointments with pain doctor for pain relief call us at – 704 503 9338
6429 Bannington Road, Suite B, Charlotte, NC 28226
Phone – 704 – 503 – 9338
Fax – 704 – 503 – 9339
Email – email@example.com
FAQs -pain pts
1. What insurances do you accept ?
Most insurances carriers including
BCBS-Blue Cross Blue Shield , Aetna, Cigna, United healthcare, Humana, Medicare, Medicaid, Worker’s Comp, Medcost, Multiplan, Choice health, Personal Injury, Worker Comp.
2. Do I need a referral to visit your practice ?
We prefer primary care referral. On occasions with no primary provider we may consider walk in visits.
3. How long does it take for new patient evaluation, follow-up visit and procedure ?
We work hard to make your visit pleasant and time efficient, expect total 2 hrs for an appointment with us. Please arrive 15 mins before your schedule time for new patient evaluation paper work. Please arrive 15 mins before follow up or procedure for check in. Follow ups and procedures take about 30 min in total time.
4. Do I need to bring someone to drive after a procedure ?
We prefer you bring someone to drive you back after any procedure.
5. How long will I need to wait before I get an appointment ?
We process all request in a timely fashion on a case by case basis.
6. What paperwork do I bring when I visit your pain practice ?
Please bring any old pain records and patient care documents for your first visit with us.
7. Will I be seen by a PA or Nurse on my visit or will I see a Doctor ?
You will see an MD on your first visit.
8. Do I need to bring cash or can I pay with a credit card ?
You may bring cash or credit card, and online portal payment .
9. Should I bring my regular pain medications during my visit ?
Please bring all your pain medications during your visit with us.
10. I don’t have insurance, can I get an appointment ?
We provide services for uninsured on case by case bases
11. I can’t speak English, I am disabled, I don’t have transport ?
We accommodate and work with your pain problems.
12. I cant afford to pay my bills, what do I do now ?
We work with you on a payment plan.
13. I have a pain pump or Spinal cord stimulator or lot of hardware in my back, can I get help with pain control ?
Yes we help reduce pain with above conditions.
14. I don’t like needles and pain medications ?
We will work to find options that are least invasive and addicting. We want to make your experience least painful
15. Are all pain medications addicting, even when I use properly for pain ?
Some pain medications are habit forming. With practical treatment goals when pain medications are used as prescribed, they have been show to improve quality of life and function.
16. I am already on pain medications from my primary doctor, why do I need to see a Pain doctor ?
As pain specialists, we optimize your treatment plan and work closely with your primary doctor to best control of your pain with least side effects.
17. I am on blood thinner or I am pregnant or I have lot of other medical conditions, how will pain management help me ?
We want to provide treatment options with least side effect profile and adverse effects. We provide special instructions for your conditions.
18. I am in litigation and I have work related injury, will pain management help me ?
Injuries can get pain relief from our treatment plans.
19. I am scared about some thing I saw on TV recently, do you use steroid in your treatment ?
We use sterile conditions to perform procedures, we us medications with least side effect profile.
20. What less invasive non surgical treatments you provide ?
Injections, braces, topical, physical therapy, acupuncture, psychological treatment, life style modifications.
21. Do I get pain medications on my first visit like, narcotics?
We asses and diagnose pain generators with you. After initial evaluation we will come up with safe treatment plan. There is no guarantee of opioids as first treatment option. If we cannot help and offer the medications you need, we will transfer your care to appropriate services.
22. Do we have to go through a process or agreement to be in your pain management clinic.
Before and during your visit we evaluate your healthcare profile which includes various sources to see if you qualify to be in our pain program. Once you qualify to be in our pain management program you will need to be on Doctor- Patient relationship agreement which includes Opioid agreement
23. What is Opioid agreement ?
You can download the agreement document here for your review. APS Opioid agreement